12 October 2010

A day worth spending ...



Somedays are worth remembering and savouring .... a day at the beach maybe ...

Here I am in South Carolina at little earlier this year ...

But other days, like today, when the sun was shining but on another part of the world are equally worth remembering but for very different reasons.

Today I visited an adult autism unit - part of the same service that Murray's school is under but in a different part of the country. We met three adults with autism and I got to spend some time with them. It was very special for Murray's Mom and me - we took no photos and we'll mention no names because that is not fair when the people involved can't give their permission.

I walked with one of the lads, he is non-verbal but we made a connection I think and I 'sat' for him, 'stayed' for him and 'came' to him when he signalled. I tried really hard to interact with him and he did with me. It was a good exercise for both of us.

We really enjoyed meeting these students in the adult autism service and maybe we will get the chance to go back and meet them again ...

It was a day worth spending ....

- Clive

14 comments:

  1. I'm sure you made the day quite special for them. You are such a great little ambassador.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, If you get two comments, that is because blogger keeps knocking me off! Anyways, it sounds like you had a nice day and I'm sure the adults were happy too! I wish I was at the beach!!!
    That is a nice picture!
    xxoo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great thing you did Clive. I am sure that you made their day and thats what is portant!! The beach picture sure looks fun, I have never been to the beach!!

    wags
    jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a lovely day, Clive. I know Mickey would enjoy seeing a fellow like you. He loves the softness of cats and dogs, but jumping dogs are a little more than he can take. I know you are too polite to do that and those folks must have loved seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great guy you are Clive! I am sure those folks appreciated your visit.

    Your friends,
    Niamh & Ambrose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woof! Woof! Being at the beach is a precious memories. What a great day you had ... totally understand about the photos. Mom used to teach n i sometime visits n not allowed to take photos. for sure you made their day too. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a wonderful example, Clive. You have so many great memories but we are sure this one will be at the top of your list. Maybe those adults will be able to get assistance dogs too.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again, woo made Mom get THOSE looks on her face -

    Bravo Handsome Bravo!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a wonderfully caring pup, Clive!
    What a great beach shot of you!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clive, you are such a wonderful dog!! We all love you and your family.

    XOXO
    Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good work Clive. I'm sure those adults really appreciated you spending time with them and will look forward to your return.

    xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are sure you brought something quite precious to the day of those lads, Clive!

    And that photo of you at teh beach is just gorgeous!

    Woofs,
    Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  13. A day worth spending is the best kind of day.

    ReplyDelete